INSF–RSF First Joint Call Announced
Iran National Science Foundation (INSF) and the Russian Science Foundation (RSF) announced their first joint call for proposals. The two organisations aim at funding maximum of 20 joint research projects in the following research areas:
1. Life sciences (excluding research in medicine and agricultural sciences)
- General biology
- Physico-chemical biology
- Ecology (environmental protection- Chemical ecology)
2. Material sciences
- Fundamental problems of the formation of new materials
- Multiscale computer modeling of the structure and properties of complex chemical systems and materials
3. Health research (pre-clinical studies only)
- Cancer studies
- Diabetes research
- Neurodegenerative diseases
- Infectious diseases
The call is open until September 11, 2023 and Iranian applications must be submitted through the INSF Research Management System (KUIPER). Approved projects will receive up to 20 billion IRR for a period of three years.
The joint application form and further information regarding the eligibility conditions and call details for Iranian applicants could be find in the following links:
- Joint application form
- Eligibility conditions for Iranian applicants (in Persian)
- Call details (in Persian)
Applicants in Iran are advised to contact email@example.com for inquiries.
The new collaboration with RSF follows the successful run of two joint calls between INSF and the Russian Foundation for Basic Research (RFBR) in 2016 and 2020. Founded in 2013, RSF is a leading Russian funding body in basic research, which has successfully run joint calls with international counterparts.