Postdoctoral Research Grant
To foster the proper platform for young researchers to play their roles in advancement of knowledge, Iran National Science Foundation (INSF) provides financial support for postdoctoral research projects, both basic as well as applied research. Eligible candidates can submit their proposals three times a year at times of Scientific Review Groups’ calls for proposals.
To see the timetable (Persian only), please click here.
Who Can Submit a Proposal?
- The principal investigator (PI) of postdoctoral research must be at least an associate professor with at least five publications in the last three years.
- Candidates should have received their PhD within the last three years.
- Candidates must have at least three ISI papers in journals with impact factors of 1 or higher (as for humanities, ISC papers are also acceptable).
- Postdoctoral researcher cannot have other commitments, such as full time employment.
- Non-faculty postgraduate students or graduates may participate in postdoctoral research projects as co-investigators.
- Submitted proposals under this program should not have been conducted as research projects.
To see our postdoctoral research grant guideline (Persian only), please clock here.
What to Submit
- Creation and completion of a profile by both the postdoctoral researcher and the PI in INSF Research and Technology Management System,
- Applicant’s research curriculum vitae and notification of personnel action of faculty members (for the PIs),
- Proposal form ((available on INSF Research and Technology Management System), and
- Confirmation letter from the research deputy of the university or research institute where the project is being conducted.
How Are the Proposals Evaluated?
To see the evaluation process (in Persian only), please click here.
Where to Submit
Eligible applicants can submit their proposals to INSF Research and Technology Management System.