Doctoral Dissertation Grant
To foster the proper platform for young researchers to play their roles in advancement of knowledge, Iran National Science Foundation (INSF) provides financial support for doctoral candidates to conduct their research. Eligible candidates can submit their proposals three times a year at times of Scientific Review Groups’ calls for proposals.
To see the timetable (Persian only), please click here.
Who Can Submit a Proposal?
Any eligible applicant who
- is a full time doctoral candidate in one of the universities in Iran and has successfully passed the doctoral comprehensive examination;
- has no current application for any form of scholarships; and
- is not currently employed in any governmental or private-sector organization
can submit their proposals to INSF Research and Technology Management System, provided that
- the time interval between doctoral proposal defense and submission of the proposal in INSF Research and Technology Management System is less than 1 year;
- the time interval between their enrollment in doctoral program at the university and submission of the proposal in INSF Research and Technology Management System is less than 3 years; and
- the doctoral dissertation research proposal has not been submitted by their supervisors and/or readers and approved by INSF or any other research funding agency.
What to Submit
- application form (available on INSF Research and Technology Management System);
- doctoral dissertation research proposal, along with dissertation completion timetable;
- department’s session minutes regarding the acceptance of applicant’s doctoral research proposal, along with a certificate of approval from faculty’s Postgraduate Education Council;
- two letters of recommendation from professors of the same field of study to that of the applicant who are currently employed in the university where the applicant is studying;
- PhD program transcripts;
- postgraduate program grade average point along with English course grades;
- comprehensive examination pass certificate; and
- applicant’s research resume.
How Are the Proposals Evaluated?
To see the evaluation process (in Persian only), please click here.